Effective Date: July 18, 2022
Indegene collects the following personal information:
- Personal identifiers (name, email address)
- Phone number
- Geolocation data (zip code)
- Protected classification information (age, date of birth, gender)
- Medical information (health conditions, vaccination history)
- Internet activity (when you interact with our online services)
- Other information, such as trip details including departure date, planned activities, accommodations, etc.
- Information pertaining any other traveler(s) for whom, health advice and vaccine recommendations is sought. In such case, you must confirm and represent that each of the other traveler(s), for whom health advice and vaccine recommendations is sought, has agreed to have the information shared by you disclosed to us and further be shared by us with the concerned service provider(s).
All of the above categories of personal information have been shared with our service providers for a business purpose in the last 12 months.
Information Collected Automatically
In addition, information about your computer hardware and software is automatically collected by Indegene when you use the Site. This information may include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, geographic location, referring website addresses and other technical information such as protocol status and substatus, bytes sent and received, and server information. We may also collect information about how you interact with the Site. This information is used by Indegene for the operation and improvement of the Site, for technical troubleshooting, to maintain quality of the Site, to customize the experience of our users, to help offer products and services of interest to our users, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Site.
Cookies and Other Information Collection Tools
What are cookies? A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website or use an online service. When you visit the website use the service again, the cookie allows that website or online service to recognize your browser or device. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences and other information.
How do I control cookies? Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit Error! Hyperlink reference not valid.. Some web browsers provide settings that allow a user to reject cookies or to alert a user when a cookie is placed on the user’s computer, tablet, or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, blocking, or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Site.
How Information is Used
We may use the information we collect for any of the following purposes:
- to provide the Site and our services to you and to improve the Site, including to provide personalized recommendations on health topics of interest to you;
- to provide you with information about programs, goods or services offered by third parties that may be appropriate or of interest to you;
- to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us;
- for customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Site;
- for research and analysis purposes; and
- to communicate with you.
Sharing of Information
- With Third Party Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf. We share your personal information with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them. For example, we may use third parties to host the Site or assist us in providing functionality on the Site, provide data analysis and research services, to send out email updates about the Site, provide marketing and advertising services for us or our sponsors, remove repetitive information from our user lists.
- For Legal Purposes. We also may share information that we collect from users as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose personal information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share personal information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
- Changes of Control. We may transfer information, including your personal information, in connection with a change of ownership or control by or of us or any affiliated entity (in each case whether in whole or in part).
Indegene does not share your information with third parties for those third parties’ marketing purposes.
Security Used & Retention of Personal Information
Indegene uses reasonable security measures designed to prevent unauthorized intrusion to the Site and the alteration, acquisition or misuse of personal information, however, we will not be responsible for loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse of personal information that you provide through the Site that is stored by us, or for any damages resulting from such loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information.
Indegene will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by applicable laws or regulation, or until you request that we delete it. You may modify your information by visiting your user profile. You may also request that it Indegene delete the information associated with your account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Copies of information that you have updated, modified, or deleted will remain in our systems if applicable law requires us to retain it.
Links to External Websites
Do Not Track
Indegene does not track its customers over time and across third party website and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track signals at this time. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across website when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from any person under the age of thirteen. No parts of our Site are directed to or designed to attract anyone under the age of thirteen.
Rights Granted to California Residents
California Residents Only. If you are a resident of California, then this section applies to you.
California Rights. You have the following rights concerning your personal information:
- Right to be informed about (1) the types of personal information we collect about you, (2) the sources and purposes of the collection, (3) third parties that receive your data, and (4) the specific information we have about you.
- Right to request deletion of your data.
- Right to know to whom we’ve sold or disclosed your data.
- Right to opt out of the sale of your data, if we sell it.
- Right against discrimination if you do not provide us your data, unless the goods and services we provide you are related to the value of the data you provide us.
You may exercise your rights as a California resident, review and request changes to the personal information we collected about you, and contact us for more information about our privacy practices in any of the following ways:
- Email us at email@example.com with your request
- Send us postal mail to 150 College Rd W, Princeton, NJ 08054
Verification Process. You may submit your California rights requests using any of the methods above. However, for certain requests, California law permits or requires us to take additional steps to verify the identity and authority of the individual making certain requests information. This is so we can protect your privacy and data. Depending on the request or the sensitivity of the request, Indegene may ask that you provide two, three or more pieces of personal information that matches information in our records, so that we may confirm your identity prior to processing your request.
Authorized Agent. If you wish to submit a California rights request through an authorized agent, then you may designate your authorized agent in writing by contacting us using any of the methods above and providing the following information:
- Your full name and date of birth
- Current address and telephone number
- Name of the authorized agent
- State whether the requested information should be delivered to the agent or to you. Provide delivery instructions.
- State the types of requests that you authorize your agent to make, for example, Request to Know, Request to Delete, or Request to Opt-Out of Sales of Personal Information.
- Sign and date the agent authorization.
If any of the above information is missing or cannot be verified, then we may request the information before processing your request. We may request additional verification information depending on the nature or sensitivity of the request.
Third Party Marketing. Under California law, customers of Indegene who are residents of California may request certain information about our disclosure of personal information during the previous 12 months to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, if any. To make such a request, please write to us at the following address: 150 College Rd W, Princeton, NJ 08054.
Alternatively, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line.
No Sale of Minor Information. Indegene does not have actual knowledge of any sale of the personal information of consumers under 16 years of age.
Questions and Changes in Information
Notification of Changes